Let's talk about hurr bay-bee, let's talk about you and me! Cause I've been on a "boost your self-confidence" and "be a badass boss lady" roll with my blog posts lately (see here and here), and I can't forget one of the most crucial aspects around building up your morale. Drum roll, please.
Your personal appearance. But you knew this already, didn't you. I know, I know, you so smart!
But seriously, we've all been there. Waking up in the morning, not really feeling like doing anything, yet we have a full day of work, meetings, appointments, things to do, people to see, and what not. So what do we do to shake off the funk? We beautify (or at least I do)! We prop out our best beauty products and go HAM at lifting our spirits by heightening our personal appearance. #YAS.
So on today's post, and because I'm still on that 90's nostalgia roll, I've partnered up with the beautiful people at HerStyler to bring you a quick hair tutorial on the straight and sleek bob. But let me clarify, this isn't any random bob, my hairstyle was 100% inspired by Victoria Beckham's Posh Spice bob from her Spice Girls days in the 90's. Talk about girl power (ya'll Spice Girls fans will know what I mean)!
The HerStyler Products
In order to get my wavy (and sometimes puffy) hair at ease - as seen on my "Before" photo, I utilized the following HerStyler products. If you keep scrolling to the bottom of this post, you'll find a 3-minute hair tutorial video - from yours truly - on how I used these products to get my Posh Spice sleek bob look in no time! And because I know you're going to completely fall in love with them, I have a 50% discount code for you to use when checking out your first purchase at HerStyler.com: Adrianna50. No problem honey bun!
Basic Hair Set
This is the perfect hair-care set to achieve a smooth and silky look like mine while nourishing and protecting your hair!
- Argan Oil Shampoo: The Nourishing & Moisturizing Shampoo smells amazing. After rinsing it off, I felt a great difference in my hair's texture. Smooth, clean, manageable, and nourished!
- Argan Oil Conditioner: This protein enriched conditioner added smoothness to the effect the shampoo had initially created. My hair felt silky and hydrated all at once.
- Argan Oil Hair Mask: The hair mask is great for processed, color treated, and damaged hair. My ends still hold the remains of a real bad dye job I had around two years ago and I could feel how the hair mask helped smoothen and treat that specific portion of my hair.
- Argan Oil Hair Serum: The hair serum contains argan oil and vitamin E to protect your hair against heat when styling. It isn't too oily and doesn't weigh down your hair a lot, which is my favorite thing about it.
- Hair Spray: Though I didn't use the hair spray for this specific look, it comes with the Basic Hair Set and I have already tried it so I can also attest to how light and non-sticky it is. More than a hairspray, it is great for calming frizz and flyaways.
Colorful Season Complete Set Hot Pink
The set which will satisfy all of your hair styling needs in one package!
- Colorful Ceramic Straightener: The Colorful Seasons flat iron will get your hair straight and silky in minutes (check out my hair tutorial video if you don't believe me!). It's made of ceramic plates and the temperature dial goes from 180 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit in under 30 seconds.
- Mini Colorful Straightener: This little cutie is great for travel, short hair like mine, or last minute styling at the office!
- Colorful Grande Curler: Didn't use it for this video but tried it out this weekend and it works curl wonders!
So keep scrolling down for my Victoria Beckham Posh Spice bob hair tutorial and the links for you to shop my style and these incredible hair products. I want no excuses next time you're feeling on a funk! ;)