At last, spring has sprung and it’s time to get rid of all those extra layers – literally and figuratively. Though I view every day as a brand-new opportunity for us to reflect and improve upon ourselves, the coming of spring and beginning of a new season also calls for a fresh start. As you think about how you’ll be updating your wardrobe for warmer temperatures, I invite you to peel off your internal layers and reflect on what is important to you and what can add more meaning and value to your life.
When was the last time you had a one-on-one with yourself and clearly defined your goals, ambitions, and aspirations? Have you recently wondered or questioned where you’re headed? Do you believe your daily actions and efforts fall in line with your current and long-term vision? It’s healthy to check-in with yourself and evaluate where you stand in relation to these matters periodically. As such, and in the spirit of spring and new beginnings, I’ve crafted a self-assessment exercise for you to use at your leisure. So, grab a pen and paper and let’s start peeling off some layers with the following questions:
How are you bringing value into this world and making a difference?
- Make a list of all the actions you’re currently taking to reach your short and long-term goals.
- Follow this list by writing how you feel your current efforts are enabling you to leave your mark.
- Take a look at what you’ve written and ask yourself, is there anything you’d like to tweak or improve?
- You could also be at a loss in terms of knowing the value you wish to provide or the difference you’d like to make in this lifetime. If so, utilize this section to reflect: Are there any problems or issues you deeply care about? Jot them down. Chose the one you wish to focus on and begin to brainstorm on how you’d solve it.
What is your legacy going to be?
- Now you’re ready to think beyond the value you’ll add and difference you’ll be making.
- From a long-term standpoint, what will your efforts today leave to your predecessors tomorrow?
- What will you be known for after leaving this existence?
Heavy stuff, I know, but we're peeling off these layers and getting to the bottom of things.
How do you feel about the direction you're headed towards?
- With all this in mind, do you feel you're headed towards the right direction or are there any adjustments you should be making to your game plan?
- Are there any skills you'd be interested in polishing or learning more about? Which? What are your options?
- Keep in mind, every action you execute today will be the sole foundation of your tomorrow.
- The future you're envisioning for yourself will not necessarily be the same as mine or anyone else's. This is why it's so important for you to carry out this self-assessment periodically and analyze if you're on track with your goals, ambitions, and aspirations for the right reasons.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this reflection below, I would LOVE to hear them! If you felt this analysis was helpful, you can also bookmark it on your browser to go back to it whenever you need to have a sit down with yourself. As for my outfit, I shot this look last fall but felt it was the perfect transitional look for spring - so I delayed on posting it until now.
Keep scrolling for additional details on my outfit below and lets all welcome spring with a positive demeanor! I am very hopeful about this season and all the great opportunities it'll bring!